HTTP Anti-Virus Proxy

Official HAVP Support Forum
Registration disabled, I'm tired of spambots. E-mail havp@hege.li if you have questions.
HAVP project is pretty much frozen/abandoned at this time anyway.

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Compile Problem
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2008 11:44 

Hello, i don`t compile Havp-0.87 on OpenBSD system
When i type "Make". i see this error:

make: don`t know how to make helper.o. Stop in /usr/src/havp-0.87/havp.
*** Error code 2

Please, Help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2008 12:15 
HAVP Developer

Perhaps try with GNU make.

I don't have OpenBSD to test right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2008 17:28 

When i use GNU make compiling starting, but finishing with error
ClamAV version 0.92
error log:

/usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.3.3 undefined reference to 'pthread_create'
/usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.3.3 undefined reference to 'pthread_getspecific'
/usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.3.3 undefined reference to 'pthread_key_delete'
/usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.3.3 undefined reference to 'pthread_once'
/usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.3.3 undefined reference to 'pthread_key_create'
/usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.3.3 undefined reference to 'pthread_mutex_unlock'
/usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.3.3 undefined reference to 'pthread_mutex_lock'
/usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.3.3 undefined reference to 'pthread_join'
/usr/local/lib/libclamav.so.3.3 undefined reference to 'pthread_set_specific'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [havp] Error 1
gmake[1]: leaving directory /usr/src/havp-0.87/havp'
gmake *** [all] Error 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2008 17:55 
HAVP Developer

Makefile is missing -lpthread .. add it to the LDFLAGS line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008 10:53 

new errors: :(
scanners/scanners.a(nod32scanner.o)(.text+0x1445): In function `NOD32Scanner::ScanV21(char const*)':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/nod32scanner.cpp:278: warning: strcat() is almost always misused, please use strlcat()
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x51): In function `ClamLibScanner::InitDatabase()':
/usr/include/g++/bits/basic_string.h:355: undefined reference to `cl_settempdir'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0xe0): In function `ClamLibScanner::InitDatabase()':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:33: undefined reference to `cl_load'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0xf0):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:38: undefined reference to `cl_strerror'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x10f):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:42: undefined reference to `cl_retver'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x129):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:45: undefined reference to `cl_build'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x139):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:47: undefined reference to `cl_strerror'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x14f):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:48: undefined reference to `cl_free'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x169):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:53: undefined reference to `cl_statinidir'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x245): In function `ClamLibScanner::ReloadDatabase()':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:61: undefined reference to `cl_statchkdir'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x26b):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:100: undefined reference to `cl_strerror'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x292):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:67: undefined reference to `cl_free'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x2d7): In function `ClamLibScanner::ReloadDatabase()':
/usr/include/g++/bits/basic_string.h:355: undefined reference to `cl_settempdir'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x355): In function `ClamLibScanner::ReloadDatabase()':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:73: undefined reference to `cl_load'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x36e):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:82: undefined reference to `cl_build'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x380):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:89: undefined reference to `cl_retver'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x39b):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:91: undefined reference to `cl_statfree'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x3b1):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:94: undefined reference to `cl_statinidir'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x3c4):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:84: undefined reference to `cl_strerror'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x3da):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:85: undefined reference to `cl_free'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x3ed):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:78: undefined reference to `cl_strerror'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x4eb): In function `ClamLibScanner::Scan(char const*)':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:109: undefined reference to `cl_scanfile'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x531): In function `ClamLibScanner::Scan(char const*)':
/usr/include/g++/bits/basic_string.h:468: undefined reference to `cl_strerror'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x72e): In function `ClamLibScanner::ClamLibScanner[not-in-charge]()':
/usr/include/g++/bits/basic_string.h:361: undefined reference to `cl_retver'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0xd0a): In function `ClamLibScanner::ClamLibScanner[not-in-charge]()':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:174: undefined reference to `cl_retdbdir'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x109e): In function `ClamLibScanner::ClamLibScanner[in-charge]()':
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x167a): In function `ClamLibScanner::ClamLibScanner[in-charge]()':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:174: undefined reference to `cl_retdbdir'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x6b6): In function `ClamLibScanner::FreeDatabase()':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:146: undefined reference to `cl_free'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008 11:24 
HAVP Developer

Apparently it doesn't find clamav.h.

Is there -I/usr/local/include or similar in Makefile, where clamav.h is located?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008 12:35 

clamav.h
locate in /usr/local/include/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008 12:42 
HAVP Developer

Oops my bad.. I think the case here is missing -L/usr/local/lib in Makefile LDFLAGS (I assume -lclamav is there already).

You should add /usr/local/lib to system library search path anyway. Man ldconfig (not sure how it's done on OpenBSD).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008 13:16 

added /usr/local/lib to system library search path, it`s not working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2008 11:02 

Sorry, i`m so bad.
In Makefile were LdFLAGS instead of LDFLAGS :(
Now working.

Post subject: Re: Compile Problem
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009 18:45 

Hello,

I know this topic is old but I'm encountering the same problem : I try to build the 0.89 version of HAVP with the --enable-ssl-tunnel option. When running the make, I got the same error as zigfried :

scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0xe0): In function `ClamLibScanner::InitDatabase()':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:33: undefined reference to `cl_load'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0xf0):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:38: undefined reference to `cl_strerror'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x10f):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:42: undefined reference to `cl_retver'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x129):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:45: undefined reference to `cl_build'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x139):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:47: undefined reference to `cl_strerror'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x14f):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:48: undefined reference to `cl_free'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x169):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:53: undefined reference to `cl_statinidir'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x245): In function `ClamLibScanner::ReloadDatabase()':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:61: undefined reference to `cl_statchkdir'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x26b):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:100: undefined reference to `cl_strerror'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x292):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:67: undefined reference to `cl_free'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x2d7): In function `ClamLibScanner::ReloadDatabase()':
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x355): In function `ClamLibScanner::ReloadDatabase()':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:73: undefined reference to `cl_load'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x36e):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:82: undefined reference to `cl_build'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x380):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:89: undefined reference to `cl_retver'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x39b):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:91: undefined reference to `cl_statfree'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x3b1):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:94: undefined reference to `cl_statinidir'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x3c4):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:84: undefined reference to `cl_strerror'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x3da):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:85: undefined reference to `cl_free'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x3ed):/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:78: undefined reference to `cl_strerror'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x4eb): In function `ClamLibScanner::Scan(char const*)':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:109: undefined reference to `cl_scanfile'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x531): In function `ClamLibScanner::Scan(char const*)':
/usr/include/g++/bits/basic_string.h:468: undefined reference to `cl_strerror'
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x72e): In function `ClamLibScanner::ClamLibScanner[not-in-charge]()':
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0xd0a): In function `ClamLibScanner::ClamLibScanner[not-in-charge]()':
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x109e): In function `ClamLibScanner::ClamLibScanner[in-charge]()':
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x167a): In function `ClamLibScanner::ClamLibScanner[in-charge]()':
scanners/scanners.a(clamlibscanner.o)(.text+0x6b6): In function `ClamLibScanner::FreeDatabase()':
/usr/src/havp-0.87/havp/scanners/clamlibscanner.cpp:146: undefined reference to `cl_free'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

The clamav libs are located in /usr/lib, which is correctly set in the Makefile (-L/usr/lib). I don't understand why it doesn't work. Which file is it really needed, and which version of libclamav should be installed ?
I got libclamav-dev, libclamav5 and libclamav6.

Thanks for helping me !

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2009 10:11 

Hi Rankin!

This error comes mostly on compiling havp with false clamav version! You say, you're building with havp version 0.89, but in your error log I can see version 0.87?
The right clamav version for havp 0.89 was the clamav 0.93.x build, but for security reasons, I recommend you to use clamav 0.95.3 (libclamav.so.6.0.5) and havp 0.91 version.
The signatures updates for clamav 0.94.x and older are broken this time because of a bug in freshclam! Please read this clamav news:
http://www.clamav.net/2009/10/05/eol-clamav-094/

regards :wink:

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2009 12:56 

Hi karesmakro,

Thank you for your answer. I'm trying to build the 0.89 yes, but I'm confess I'm a bit lazy ; I tried to install it into a VM where I can't copy/paste from without using files. So I copied/paste the error from a previous post because I got the same, didn't notice the version wasn't right.

I tried to compile the 0.91 version and it works. It doesn't seem I can make https streams pass through havp though ; I will investigate on it.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2009 13:28 

I recommend you to compile the versions (havp and clamav) manually, because havp 0.89 do not work on clamav 0.95 or higher! You can see a little overview of requirements on my homepage on clamav section; http://www.it-connect-unix.de/index.php?option=com_jotloader&view=categories&cid=3_dca28c9bf69d727160808e3fd980893a&Itemid=57 But do not use this packages on a regulary system please!
Quote:
Other question ; I will deploy the architecture I use on many machines, that I won't be able to update manually after. According to aptitude, the version of clamav I use is the most recent. How can I do to build havp if I want clamav to be updated automatically by aptitude and a cronjob ?

It's highly recommended to build all upgrades manually too, because of config file changes and new features options! If you want to do so, it will be usefull, to build one upgrade package (only if your systems are all the same plattforms), copy the binaries, libraries, configs in one package, build an install script and install them on all other machines! This should be possible. Perhaps you can build your own repository, to make updates possible on other machines.

Otherwise you can use the older versions of debian repositories, if this is too much work for you. But I think, it's not a good idea, to make updates automatically over cronjobs (too much error sources - think about kernel updates and so on)

regards

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2009 02:37 

Excuse me, why you changed your post and make no new entry? Now I'm a little bit confused.
Your havp version is working now?
Quote:
I tried to compile the 0.91 version and it works. It doesn't seem I can make https streams pass through havp though ; I will investigate on it.

Sorry, I don't use havp with --enable-ssl-tunnel option, because I have a running squid proxy in front of havp. Can you please post some lines of havp error log?

regards