HTTP Anti-Virus Proxy

Official HAVP Support Forum
Registration disabled, I'm tired of spambots. E-mail havp@hege.li if you have questions.
HAVP project is pretty much frozen/abandoned at this time anyway.
It is currently 22 Jun 2014 09:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IPv6 Support
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2007 14:44 

As the internet is now beginning it's ipv6 migration with ipv6 included as standard with vista etc.

I was wondering if it would be possible to include support for this protocol. or a howto explaining how to get a ipv6 sandwitch so that ipv6 sites are checked as well as v4

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2007 17:50 
HAVP Developer

I think IPv6 is only supported in some Squid 3 development version.
http://squidproxy.wordpress.com/tag/ipv6/

Atleast I have no plans for adding it to HAVP, since it's not really useful there. Maybe when Squid supports it someday.

Post subject: Re: IPv6 Support
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2010 06:28 

hi!

i wonder what's the actual state of ipv6 support regarding havp?

rumors tell my isp is going to push dual-stack v4/v6 to us end users until before of 2011, possibly beginning before mid/2011 .

squid 3.1 as of debian 6.0 'squeeze' (testing, soon to be released as stable) is already precompiled with ipv6 support, so i would be happy to get some information regarding future havp development :-)

btw, you're doing nice and very good work at havp!!!! at least in my opinion :-)

(the squid extension called 'squidclamav' does not at all compete even a little bit with the nice integration i'm used to when setting up havp->squid for my homenet... too often in testing i can see the eicar-files slip through saying 'no virus detected'.... that's nothing i can get a nice feeling from!... for me that shows your non-blocking approach performs even better than the "get the entire bunch and let's see what we find this time in the same file"-approach... really nice work !! )

Post subject: Re: IPv6 Support
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2010 08:58 
HAVP Developer

Well.. you see the HAVP development status which is pretty much halted. IPv6 is by far the lowest priority in queue. :-)