HTTP Anti-Virus Proxy

Official HAVP Support Forum
Registration disabled, I'm tired of spambots. E-mail havp@hege.li if you have questions.
HAVP project is pretty much frozen/abandoned at this time anyway.
It is currently 22 Jun 2014 09:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 May 2006 22:38 

I think ,

the HAVP would admin downloads with instant html page for user.

I mean, for example, when a click to download a file, havp show a page with filename, a link to this same file name, status (percents, bytes ,however), show some thing like "downloading, scanning file, buffering", and if possible, give options to restart, rescan, redownload.

Humm, havp can show download in a "pop-up" with auto reload every 5 seconcs, or when you try to download file again.

When file finish, you can click again in the same link and havp not show the html, but realy download file.

And the values in configuration, like KEEPBACKBUFFER and KEEPBACKTIME, can be used to set how much time html can be showed before file realy download.

I think its a good way to keep the user uptodate while files are downloading, whitout keeping the browser waiting connection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2006 23:38 
HAVP Developer

Why would you want this? KEEPBACKBUFFER already specifies how long you "wait" for initial transfer? Maybe you did not fully understand how it works. HAVP will never hold back more than that many bytes, so client will not have any major delays.

Cheers,
Henrik

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 May 2006 20:29 

Look this cenĂ¡rio:

when i click to download a .zip or tar.gz the antivirus need to scan all files in the compressed file. HAVP scan at same time of client downloading, when antivirus found a virus the user will have some part of this file, and in some situations this file can be unziped and the virus...

Humm ... humm! I'm very stupid, at the moment when HAVP found the virus, its got the virus BEFORE sent it do client, so if client has a part of file, this part has no virus, in the worst has a part of virus.

You are right, i'm not understud all logic :)

So, show a html to client is useless.

Well, at all, congratulation, havp is a very good program, its a very nice work :)